OUR 2022 SEASON STARTS IN APRIL
New Green after 1st mowing
RELAYING THE BOWLS GREEN
- In past years at Colemans Hatch Bowling Club, its Officers and Members have maintained the bowling green, surrounding hedges and car park.
- In 2020 the Club appointed a professional Green Keeper to take over the routine maintenance of the Green. This included scarifying, spiking, watering, fertilizing, weeding and from time to time mowing to complement the work of our mowing team of Club Members.
- Under his tenure the green improved, but the surface was still suffering from the long-term effects of footfall, moss and excavation by crows and was not as good as it could have been.
- Sadly, the COVID 19 Pandemic meant that we, along with all other bowls clubs, had to cancel our matches and competitions during the 2020 season. Happily, this provided a great opportunity to undertake some serious renovation work to improve the playing surface.
- Contractors started work on 2nd September 2020 and we now have a lush new green for members and guests to enjoy.
REPAINTING THE CLUB HOUSE
- Under the supervision and encouragement of our member, Norma, several members formed a renovation team to repaint the Clubhouse and other buildings with protective wood preservative.
- This work had enhanced the look and longevity of the woodwork.
THE MOWER SHED
- The lean-to storage shed was past its best and was removed. This revealed some damp areas on one side of the mower shed that were in need of repair. As usual, Kelvin came to our rescue and has made good the problem.
- In common with a lot of sheds, our mower shed was in need of a good sort out. This was done and a new smaller storage unit may be purchased that can stand independently of the mower shed so that no further damp damage to the mower shed side would be done.
Click here for GALLERY PHOTOS